It’s no secret that we love working flavored cashews into just about every recipe we make. One of our favorite ways to incorporate more healthy cashews into our diets is to make delicious and healthy granola bars. Here are our top 3 cashew bars that you need to try today.
Coconut Cashew Granola Bars
These healthy, no-bake granola bars are a riff off of more traditional granola recipe. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, peanut-free, and can be a perfect light breakfast or snack on the go. We love how our favorite flavored cashews are featured prominently with cashew pieces as well as cashew butter. We used dried blueberries instead of a more traditional cranberry, and we think it gives these bars a hint of fresh-baked blueberry muffin flavor. You’re free to use whatever dried fruit you like best.
- 1 ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsalted cashew halves
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- ½ cup dried blueberries, chopped
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 2 TSP coconut oil
- ¼ TSP salt
- ¼ TSP cinnamon
- 1 TSP vanilla
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with parchment paper. If you’re using an 8-inch pan, your bars will be slightly thicker and chewier.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cashews, coconut, chia seeds, and dried blueberries.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, and add in maple syrup, cashew butter, coconut oil, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir until the mixture is warm and the oil is melted into the cashew butter.
- Once the wet ingredients have combined, take off the heat and add to dry ingredients. Stir well to combine to coat the oat, cashew, coconut mixture.
- Transfer mixture to pan and press firmly down to pack bars tightly.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Cut pan into 16 bars.
Cashew Coconut Bars
We love this recipe because there could not be a more convenient, delicious way for flavored cashews or raw cashews to come together with delicious dates and coconut. This bar is oat-free and makes for a great protein-packed workout snack.
- 2 ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 TBSP coconut milk
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper
- In a food processor, add cashews, dates, coconut, salt, coconut milk, and vanilla and pulse the mixture until it starts to clump together.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and press down into an even layer.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the bars from the baking dish and cut into 12 individual bars.
Chocolate-drizzled Cashew Bars
These sweet but not-too-sweet bars are healthy enough for a snack but delicious enough for a dessert. You won’t feel guilty packing one into a school lunch or grabbing one every time you walk through the kitchen because they’re packed with delicious and healthy flavored cashews.
- 4 cups raw cashews
- 5 TBSP maple syrup (or honey, or brown rice syrup)
- 2 TBSP cashew butter
- 1 TBSP canola oil or other neutral oil
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate
For Roasted Cashews:
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place cashews on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cashews should be in a single layer on the paper.
- Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add cashews and pulse several times to break them up into big chunks. Transfer these to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, cashew butter, and oil. Heat on medium until it starts to bubble. Pour the maple syrup mixture over the cashews. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Using a spatula, fold everything together until the cashews are well-coated with the maple syrup mixture.
- Pour the cashews into the prepared pan, and press firmly to create an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 12 bars.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Drizzle the dark chocolate on top of the bars. Place in the refrigerator for another hour.
- Serve immediately or wrap each bar in plastic wrap.