For good reason, consumers are catching onto the fact that peanut butter isn’t the only nut butter that can satisfy that creamy, sweet, savory, and filling craving. Whether you make your own roasted cashew butter, raw cashew butter, or purchase your favorite kind from our store, the benefits of swapping out your traditional nut butter for cashew butter are many. Here we’re going to highlight 5 of the most important ones, and they may not be exactly what you think. From a better supply chain to better for your body, here are the top 5 reasons to add cashew butter into your daily routine.
- It’s Peanut-Free. Millions of children and adults suffer from peanut allergies. These allergies can range in severity, but can often be deadly. So, for the portion of the population that can’t enjoy a delicious PB&J, cashew butter is a safe alternative because it’s completely peanut-free. Cashew butter can be used in any recipe that calls for peanut butter – sandwiches, cookies, and smoothies! For a richer taste, opt for roasted cashew butter. For a nuttier taste, opt for the raw cashew butter option.
- It’s Plant-Based. It may seem like a no-brainer, but delicious cashew butter is plant-based, which means it’s perfect for those on a vegetarian or vegan diet, or those just looking to generally cut back on their animal consumption. Whether you’re reducing animal product consumption because of health reasons, environmental reasons, or ethical reasons, cashew butter is a great way to add more protein into your diet if you’re concerned about not getting enough animal protein. It packs a whopping 6g per 2 tbsp (32g) serving.
- It’s Packed with Healthy Nutrients. We’ve already talked about how cashew butter is a plant-based protein powerhouse, but it provides so many good-for-you nutrients. While cashew butter contains less fat than other nut butters, it is packed with the good monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that make it a great way to improve your cardiovascular health. In addition to fighting off high cholesterol, it’s also packed with iron and selenium, which are important nutrients our bodies need to fight off anemia and fatigue. If you’re looking to work more iron into your diet, opt for raw cashew butter, which is packed with the essential mineral. Last, but not least, cashew butter can help reduce the risk of painful gallbladder stones, especially in women.
- It’s Better for the Environment. If you’ve been searching for a nut butter that doesn’t have the bad rap for the toll it takes on the environment, cashew butter is it. With our Fair Trade certified cashews and cashew butters, you can trust that our cashews are grown and produced under sustainable growing practices. This means that we take careful measures to protect and steward natural resources like water, soil, and other natural vegetation. Our cashew farmers pledge to efficient and responsible recycling and waste management practices, and the use of GMOs is explicitly banned. This means our cashews’ impact on the environment is something we all can be proud of.
- It’s Safely and Respectfully Sourced. So many supply chains for commodity products like nuts are grown and traded in conditions that are clearly in violation of human rights. These inhumane labor treatments extract the products and the wealth from economies where nuts are grown. At Beyond the Nut, our cashews are sourced differently. We process our nuts locally, creating hundreds of good jobs within the communities where our cashews are grown. We respect the cultures and heritages of the places we operate, and instead of forcing production methods that might seem more efficient, we share new technologies and processing methods, but allow for safe, traditional processing methods to continue as well.
How are Beyond the Nut’s cashews different from store-bought cashews? At Beyond, our cashew butter is more than just about great taste. We exist to bring you the best cashews, produced and processed in a sustainable way that contributes to thriving communities. This goes beyond the communities impacted by the growth and processing of cashews, but it starts there. Our cashews positively benefit these communities, from the farming families that grow, process, and ship these healthy, clean cashews, to the moms and dads feeding their families with delicious cashew butter.