We are all caught between two worlds: we are busy yet require rest; we are aware of our need to eat healthy yet we still like our treats; we are still constantly learning how to juggle all the good and the bad, the pressure and the joy, the fun and the difficult. In today’s world, if something tastes good and is good for us, then we are more likely to keep eating it. Unsalted cashews are one of those things—they are delicious and enjoyable to eat, yet they are still healthy!
Cashews are full of vitamins and nutrients, and they are a fantastic quick and easy snack. More than that, they can be incorporated into all different diets and lifestyles, and they can be used in a number of different ways, making them one of the most versatile snacks out there.
At Beyond, we have a variety of flavors to savor and snack on, like roasted cashews, unsalted cashews, salted cashews, honey roasted cashews, and dark chocolate covered cashews to boot. But as we’re enjoying these delectable nuts, we may wonder how healthy they are and how they are impacting our overall diet and physical wellness.
Well, we’ve got great news for you! Not only are cashews packed full of nutrients, but they also have several vitamins and minerals that we, as Americans, need more of in our diet!
Our American diets are notorious for lacking in nutrients, and many of us are constantly coming up short in our daily recommended consumption of many vitamins and minerals. If you’re missing the mark on any of these key nutrients, be sure to add Beyond’s unsalted cashews to your online shopping list to boost your snack game and your health!
- Magnesium – Most of us don’t pay much attention to magnesium, but it plays a big role in bone health, immune function, nerve function, and heart health. About 1 ounce of unsalted cashews has 83 mg of magnesium.
- Fiber – Just about everyone is quick to admit they need more fiber in their diets, but how many of us actually work toward eating more fiber? Healthy intestinal tracts, regular bowel movements, and a lower risk of heart disease are all benefits of consuming more fiber, and just 1 ounce of cashews has nearly 1 gram of fiber!
- Calcium – Almost all Americans are lacking in calcium consumption, and it’s hugely important to our health! Not only does it contribute to bone and teeth health, but it also improves heart rhythm, muscle function, and more. One ounce of cashews has about 10 mg of calcium.
- Zinc – Zinc has a huge presence within our bodies, contributing to immune system function, cell division and growth, wound healing, and more. It also helps us smell, taste, and break down carbs. One ounce of unsalted cashews has around 1.64 mg of zinc.
- Vitamin C – Although Vitamin C is primarily known for helping our immune system, it’s also important in preventing cell damage and making collagen, which is vital in skin, bone, and cartilage health. Although cashews only have small amounts of vitamin C, regular consumption of these nuts is sure to benefit your vitamin C efforts!
In addition to bridging the gap for these important vitamins and minerals, cashews can also lower blood cholesterol levels and reduce the risks of heart disease. Eating cashews can help us manage a healthy weight and have healthier looking skin. When we eat food rich in magnesium and zinc, we sleep better. Cashews are good for health, immunity, and overall bone health.
Eating Cashews Can Improve Your Lifestyle
Whether you’re in need of trail mix recipes for hiking, driving to work, needing a pick me up at the gym, or making some snacks to bring to the beach, unsalted cashews are a great snack to keep fully stocked at home. By eating unsalted cashews you can increase your protein and fiber intake, as well as add a delicious crunch to your next salad or yogurt bowl. You could eat unsalted cashews to protect your heart and help make a post-run smoothie more delicious by blending it up with berries and greens. As you eat more intuitively for your health, you will increase your intake of fruits, vegetables, grains, and protein as well. The healthy fats from nuts give your body energy too, and that means you can do more with your time.
When we eat better, we increase our quality of life. By having more energy, we can walk, run, swim, stretch, and cycle, or we can simply enjoy more quality time with those we love without being bogged down by heavy and unhealthy foods.
Our Beyond store contains products you can choose from that are both organic and fair-trade products, so they are good for you to eat and to consume. We care about the products you take home to your family, just as much as we care about how they are affecting the people who are producing them. We want you to choose the foods that inspire you to be the best you, and we are excited to have you join us in supporting small economies and bustling communities that are providing the world with delicious cashews.